New Year's eve is quickly approaching! Now is the time to start thinking about your New Year's eve dress, if you don't already have a sparkly number picked out and hanging in your closet.
Tips for picking the perfect New Year's eve dress
- Consider location - will you be hanging out at a house party, attending a gala or going clubbing? Certain styles might make more sense depending on your plans. However on New Year's eve, you can always be dressier than the location dictates. If you like sequins, wear them... even if you're just headed to a local dive bar.
- Decide on a budget - is this a dress you will wear over and over again? If so, you can afford to spend a little more, which does translate into quality and fit. If you purchase a classic little black dress like the Lauren Ralph Lauren dress #3 above, you can shell out a little more cash with the assurance you can wear the dress to multiple functions for years. But if you're looking for a sparkly number that you might only wear once, definitely check out a less expensive brand like Forever 21. Charlotte Russe also has plus size dresses at bargain prices.
- Ignore trends - It's fun to be stylish and on-trend, but the point I'm trying to make is that it's more important for the dress to look good on you! Different styles flatter different body types. If the it-dress of the moment doesn't flatter your curves, keep looking. Don't be afraid to try on a dress that looks ugly on the hanger, you would be surprised how often I've LOVED something I tried on that initially I didn't even like.
What to pack in your purse
Don't forget these essentials for New Year's eve
- Mints or gum - every gal needs fresh breath on New Year's eve
- Lipstick or gloss - touch ups will be necessary
- Cash - cab fare or something unexpected, it's just a good idea
- ID and credit card - obvious, but necessary
- Foldable flats - if you're wearing high heels
- Hand sanitizer - stay germ free
- Tylenol - in case you get a headache
- Kleenex - they just come in handy
- Ear plugs - stash a pair just in case
- Smartphone - doubles as your camera too
Wishing you a happy and safe New Year's eve! What is your favorite New Year's eve outfit? I once wore a super bad ass waist cinching belt, all black everything with a cami with silver sparkle stripes on black. I felt like a rockstar. New Year's eve itself was so-so, but my outfit was amazing.
This post contains affiliate links.